Humidity is the amount of water vapor or moisture in the air. For reptiles that are adapted to live in humid or tropical climates, humidity plays a vital role in the health of the skin, eyes, respiratory tract and more.
There are many different ways to create humidity in a reptile habitat, including proper use of substrates, water dishes, waterfalls, foggers, misting, and live terrarium plants. As substrates and décor dry out over time, the humidity level in a habitat will drop.
Zoo Med’s Humidity Plus Silicone Terrarium Cover can be used to slow the drying process and maintain high humidity levels for longer!
- Remove from package and unfold.
- Lay on top of terrarium screen and mark placement of lights, heaters, and ventilation with a ball-point pen.
- Use scissors to carefully trim to size following your markings as a guide.
- UVB & UVA will not penetrate through this material.
- Do not place lamps or heating elements directly on top of silicone mat.
- This item will reduce ventilation – be sure to leave appropriate space for fresh air!